Personal information is sacred, and privacy is of utmost importance. The info you give us helps us build the playground, and make it better for everyone. You trust us with your data, we will not abuse that trust. Because we hate reading (let alone writing) these things as much as you do, we'll give you a nifty summary up top, and all the gobbledygook down under. With that, here's the basics:
- What we won't do with your info:
- We never rent or sell it to a third party.
- We never share it, except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We never give anyone access to your data that doesn't need it.
- We never require you to give us info we don't need.
- We never store credit card information, or any other type of financial information on our servers, period. We don't touch any of that data because it's too sticky. All that data is handled by our friends over at Braintree. You can read about how it works on their website if you want.
- What we do with your info:
- Store it on a secure, password protected server, where only administrators can access it.
- People who have access to private data have agreed not to share it, just as we have with you.
- Use your contact info to send you email, SMS, or push notifications if you want 'em. You can update your notification settings at any time.
- Send you our bangarang monthly newsletter, and other major announcements. You can opt out of these, too, if that's how you choose to live your life.
- Shoot you a personal email if we think you're awesome enough to receive one.
- Keep track of things you want to post (text, images, etc.) - and post it publically in an organized way.
- Track clicks so we can figure out what ya'll like and what we can make better.
If you don't want to share any of your personal data with us, that's cool. You can still browse appilicious without having an account, but we'll still track your clicks so we can brag to our friends about how much you guys like our website.
So that's pretty much the gist of it. Pretty standard stuff for most legit online playgrounds. Here's the specifics if you want all the gory details:
Updated as of January, 2012
Browsing Appilicious: You can view artwork without having an account. You can also contact us through the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of the page or by emailing us directly without having to register for an account. Engaging with us on social networks is cool too, although frowned upon in some hermitic societies.
Your Appilicious Account: For some activities on appilicious, including but not limited to uploading artwork, posting comments, flagging content, adding favorites, voting in contests, posting to the studio talk message boards, selling or purchasing artwork, you need an appilicious account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your name, email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. Passwords are encrypted on the servers, and we don't know what they are. You can reset your password, or change your password at anytime. Keep your password safe and secure because it is your personal key to your appilicious account. Later we might ask you for other info such as your credit card number if you want to buy something, your address so we can ship artwork you buy, your facebook, twitter, or other social media accounts, so you can share things you like here on those websites, too. Although credit card data is entered on this website, it is not saved here. The transaction is done through our friends at Braintree. We are in the business of creating, exhibiting, buying and selling art. We leave the job of handling the financial transactions to the professionals. We don't keep any financial data, period.
Usage Information & Analytics: When you use appilicious, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the artists, groups and favorites you select, which other users you communicate with, the artwork you see, the frequency and size of data transfers, IP addresses, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in appilicious (including UI elements and settings). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your appilicious account. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a "web beacon") in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery. There are times when some of this data is published in reports on trends in the usage of the website.
Content Uploaded to the Site: Any personal information, images, video, or audio content that you voluntarily disclose online (such as your artwork, comments, your profile page, your biography) may be collected and used by others. If you download the appilicious mobile app, your copy includes a unique application number. This number, and information about your installation of the app (version number, language) will be sent to appilicious when the app automatically checks for updates and will be used to update your version of the app.
If you submit personal information to appilicious, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of appilicious, and to process any flagging activity, voting activity, purchasing activity or other communication you send to us.
We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major appilicious changes or for customer service purposes.
- Store information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit appilicious.
- Provide custom, personalized content and information (such as favorite art / artists, and recommended art / artists).
- Monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in promotions, sweepstakes, and contests.
Information That is Publicly Available
When you create an appilicious account, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other users of appilicious. This may include the date you opened your appilicious account, the date and time you upload artwork, made a comment, etc.
Your appilicious account name, not your email address, is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activities on appilicious, such as when you upload artwork or post messages. Other users can contact you by leaving a message or comment in various places on the site.
Any art that you submit to appilicious may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by other appilicious users or the general public.
You may also choose to add personal information to your account which may include your bio, name, profile picture, country, facebook page, twitter account, personal blog or other details, that will be visible to other users on your appilicious account page. If you choose to add certain features to your appilicious account page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your friends or other users. Such shared activity may include your favorite art / artists, comments you made, and art that you have uploaded.
If you have an appilicious account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, biography, email address, password, and any other data you have shared at any time by visiting your edit profile page while logged in to your appilicious account. You can't change your username once it has been established. But you are free to open a new account with a different username at anytime.
You may control the information that is available to other users at any time by editing your appilicious account and the features that are included on your account page.
You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through appilicious, in which case you can still view artwork and explore appilicious, but appilicious may not be able to provide certain services to you, and you will more than likely miss out on a lot of fun.
Changes (Not just an awesome David Bowie song)
For questions concerning appilicious.com, the appilicious mobile app, or your account, please check out the appilicious FAQs page. There are a lot of good resources there, and we spent a lot of time putting that together for you so I hope you like it. If your questions are still not answered or you just want to tell us we're doing an awesome job, don't hesitate to contact us directly via snail mail, email, telephone, facebook, twitter, or morse code. All our contact information can be found on the "Contact Us" page.